Search

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Foggy night - Long exposures

I've been waiting for a foggy night and it's finally arrived, making the street lights set an eerie feeling down the street. My first few shots didn't turn out so good, a lot of noise in the images. Increased the shutter time to allow more light in without hopefully burning out the whites from the lights. This is what I got...

ISO 100, 4 sec exposure, f3.5 (probably should have gone for 8-11)

ISO 100, 4 sec exposure, f3.5 (probably should have gone for 8-11)

ISO 100, 4 sec exposure, f3.5 (probably should have gone for 8-11), this one is probably the best of these and looks pretty cool in black & white.

ISO 100, 8 sec exposure, f5.6

ISO 100, 13 sec exposure, f3.5

ISO 100, 13 sec exposure, f3.5
Just before I took this shot a car was coming down the road so I waited till it got a little close before pressing the shutter to ensure that I got the light trail.

No comments: