Search

Friday, February 1, 2013

Zuiko 15mm f/8 Body Cap Lens

I finally got my bonus pack from Olympus when I got my EM-5, I got a leather strap, wrapping cloth and the 15mm f/8 body cap lens, I took it for a test drive today to see how it performs/feels. I'm not sure about this lens, it feels a little strange on the OMD. I prefer the traditional feel of a dslr over a point and shoot which is kinda how it feels with this lens on. I think it would suit the PEN series cameras more.

I generally shoot in Aperture Priority so using this lens is strange as it is locked at f/8. Since the focus on this lens is manual I set the camera to manual focus (not that I think this would do anything as this lens has no contact points). It does allow me to place the camera in a pocket but the viewfinder makes this tricky, anyway here are a few shots I got with it today.

Art Filter - Grainy Film

Filter - Pinhole (I can see why people use this filter as the sharpness of this lens drops at the edges)

Filter - Pinhole

Filter - Pinhole


Used the little lever on the lens to focus closer






This shot is pretty crisp

I am very impressed with the quality of this shot with this little lens.





Filter - Grainy Film

Whose eyes are hurting? :)

No comments: