Search

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Timelapse with an OMD EM-5

Not sure why it took me so long to look into this but I've finally got around to trying out some time lapse with my OMD EM-5, got 57 shots at 15sec intervals before the battery went flat.
 



To put the video together I looked around for some open source software as I do not really have any video software but ended up using Windows Movie Maker Live and it's pretty easy after I located some quick tips.
  1. Open series of image files (to remove the caption see this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8wnc4qZfI8
  2. Change how long each image is on screen follow the steps here - http://timelapseblog.com/2010/04/12/windows-live-movie-maker-time-lapse-tutorial/ 
  3. Export video, I did my at High Quality @ 1080p but even so I think Movie Maker Live has dropped the quality of the frames... but for now this will work for me.
I was going to redo these in my own way but I'd prefer to be taking/editing photos instead :)


No comments: