Search

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Solar Filter test shots

Been waiting all day but the clouds are still around, tried the filter out anyway these are the results. I've adjusted the colouring (remove the green) in the shot via photoshop using adobe raw.



So far so good, even with the welders glass the shutter speed had to be adjusted to 1/1250 at f.5.6 and lens at full zoom (150mm on Olympus 2x crop factor). Camera can do max of 1/4000 of a second, I think I'll be needing to change the f stop to stop so much light coming in or add the second piece of welders glass. It's not looking like I'm going to get a chance to test the filter on the sun with no clouds today...

Update... just after 4pm when the sun was getting low the clouds cleared enough to try again, this time shutter at 1/4000 of a second and there was still too much light so f stop increased to 11. I also had to wear my sun glasses when looking through the viewfinder.


There are dots on the sun, 4 of them. I don't think they are coming from the welders glass or camera lens as they are in the same spot even though the sun is in a different spot within the camera frame....

No comments: