Search

Friday, December 7, 2012

OM-D E-M5 first day test shots

I'm loving it! Makes me want to take more photos.... Before I picked up the camera I did some research about the RAW files from the E-M5 and my ability to modify them on my current software (Adobe Elements 9 with Camera Raw 6.5) and I found out just as I thought that I cannot read them unless I either update to Elements 11 or use the software that comes with the camera. So far I've done neither and for now whilst I'm testing I've set the camera to JPG Large Fine and I'm very impressed with the results of the camera and the 12-50mm lens, especially the macro mode. The first battery charge lasted the first day playing and some of the next and right now it's on charge again. Hopefully that is enough time for the internal battery to keep the date time.

All shots below are straight from the camera, I've only resized the images down to 1500 pixels.





Testing how the camera handles contrast, very nice!


Same as shot below but with exposure compensation down. Love being able to see these changes in realtime in the EVF













Testing how the camera handles contrast.

Testing how the camera handles contrast.




Art Filter
I'm having quite a bit of fun with these, was not even a consideration when choosing cameras

Dramatic

Dramatic

Dramatic

Dramatic

Old film grain I think it was called

Dramatic

Tilt Shift

Dramatic

Dramatic

Macro
Not sure if it's the extra mp over my e420 or the quality of the lens but the macro on it is amazing, I'll be doing some caparison shots between the 12-50mm on the E-M5 in macro mode and my e420 with the 35mm macro, it's gonna be close.


The mandibles on the ant to the right are very clear, also love having image stabilisation for the first time.












Long Exposure
This shot from last night of some solar christmas lights was a 1 second hand held exposure, I manually focused to get the bokeh going. 


More Macro
These shots are from this morning but still on the same battery charge, a lot of these ones I was using the screen flipped out so I could compose/focus without being down near the camera. Love it!











No comments: