Search

Friday, August 9, 2013

In Hunt for a Rain Drop

I was after a still shot of the impact of a rain drop on the top of a steel post today. Put the camera on continuous high speed shooting mode (9 frames per second) and shot a few times at different angles and shot 96 frames as shown the first image below and out of all I really only got two shots showing the impact and both are just outside of the focus point.



This is the best shot of all 96 frames

This animation shows a few other impacts along with the two shown above this one, movement is caused by me as the capture was handheld.

I wanted to capture the ripples of the rain drops here so a higher angle was needed.

I did take a couple of videos to capture the drops and managed to capture a 'ping' at the moment of impact on this steel post.

No comments: