Search

Monday, December 15, 2014

Geminid meteor shower, Dec 14 2014

After the early Sunday morning shots I took but with no luck capturing any meteors I tried again on the Sunday night a little after 11pm. Instead of shooting from my back yard I walked down the road a little to a new housing development area that has only the road so far with wider areas and less light pollution from the numerous street lights are growing in the area.

I managed to get more than I thought, most I didn't see with my own eyes but captured them in the 30 second long exposure photos. I did see one very bright one shoot directly overhead but the camera was unfortunately not pointing in the right location to capture it.



Before taking this shot I could hear cockatoos in the area but could not see them, long exposure picks up the noisy birds in this large tree under a huge starry night.







Not a meteor but still looks good against the stars!

No comments: