Search

Thursday, October 18, 2012

5 1⁄4 inch floppy disk

I took a different route today to see if I could find something different... and I did, a 5 and a quarter inch floppy disk, a pretty rare site these days! I had to look up what the capacity was of these disks and here it is 

"In 1976, Shugart introduced the 5 1/4-inch floppy disk. Initial capacity was about 100K, eventually reaching 1.2M bytes per disk. 

The Northstar Horizon (1977) was one of the first computers with built-in 5 1/4-inch floppy drives - they held 90K of data each." http://oldcomputers.net/floppydisks.html


I also came across a lot of birds, mainly wattlebirds but had the wrong lens on to get some shots, I did manage to get one (below) that was on a branch just above my head height, full zoom with my 14-40mm lens.

Baby Red Wattlebird





Marks St, Bendigo







No comments: