Search

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Why does it not rain when you want to test your new Olympus OM-D E-M5

I've yet to test my new E-M5 in the rain. It was suppose to rain yesterday but didn't quite get there, at most very light showers, and almost none when I was actually outside walking around. At most I got only a few drops on the camera, but that's something I really wouldn't be fussed about with me non weather sealed e420. Below are a some of the shots I took whilst it was lightly showering.

I'm still shooting in Jpg Large Fine and not raw due to only having Elements 9 and Adobe Camera Raw 6.5 which does not have the profile for the E-M5 Raw format so I'm editing/tweaking the image files in two ways, either using the tools under 'Quick' in Elements Editor and from today via ACR in the editor (cannot edit jpg files from the organiser which is annoying)





Processed via ACR

Processed in the Editor using the 'Quick' settings

Processed in the Editor using the 'Quick' settings, darkened the highlights to make the clouds really stand out

Was still raining a little here, I'm really liking the clarity of hair on animals with the camera/lens




Testing the DR again.


Dynamic Range on the E-M5 is amazing the building on my old camera would have been silhouetted for sure.



Processed via ACR

Processed in the Editor using the 'Quick' settings








These flowers caught my attention and it wasn't until I got close until I noticed the caterpillar. 



Also from today, a visit to the local pet shop Bendigo Fish 'N' Feathers. All shots are hand held relying on the Image Stabilisation on the E-M5










Finally some shots from my work Xmas party, all on the same battery charge as all the shots above and the shots from yesterday.

Shot by Jamieson Dean

Shot by Jamieson Dean



ShoShot by Jamieson Dean backlit with LED from smartphone my me


Shot by Jamieson Dean

ISO 1000, 1/60sec, f/5.6, EV 0

ISO 200, 1/125sec f/5.6 EV around -1 to 1.5

ISO 200, 1/1600 sec, f/20 and EV at -3, lens in macro mode



Manually focused the Mini MnMs


Shot by Jamieson Dean

No comments: